Friday 29 August 2008

When numb is just a colour

Buuuuurrrrrrppppp!!! hello ladies and ladas, meherbaan, kadardaan aur meri jaan, muafi maangta hun for this long absense and well what the hell, it's my blog i update it whenever the hell i want.

A lot has happened since my disappearence. The Indian Olympic contingent of a few athletes (chosen through lucky dip of course) reached the land of the Orient and managed to steal three medals and suddenly, everyone has an opinion on sports that never mattered to them (me included bhai). I bet Abhinav will have to shell out for his own ticket for the next Olympics. After all, how far will all-India free air and train tickets take you? Plus the IOC is already on the roads after joor-shoor se announcing prizes for our 'heroes'.
One wonders how they managed to arrange so much money from their chit fund when they, until then, didn't have enough to provide decent grounds and gear to our orphan athletes.

Anyway we have more pressing issues to deal with.

So moving on, my diet, ahem, pardon that burrrrp in the first sentence, is going really really good. Onlookers and eye witnesses account a sudden change in my skin tone, weight, complexion, and shoe size...

On the slightly serious note, the diet is pretty ok, not as it used to be at least. Been taking my liberties. I think i should start working out... (and starts sobbing unconsolably at the mere thought of physical starin)

The people who followed this piece of goulash should be wondering about what happened to to my wow for doing something about my single life. Guess what... It worked! Something did happen to my single life. The possible prospects for my call to action have been permanantly deleted from the files.
All chances of something happening do exist though. Just like the chances of my ancestors 'Gandalal Jigneshbhai and family' (The first family in the history of mankind) meeting the other camera obcessed 'Adam and Eve'. Pah! if only they knew how we used to wear 22 karat jewellery and zari sarees and dhotis to sleep when they were roaming around butt naked.
Anyway, the point is life is not like the last scene of 'The Dark Knight' where the hero gets a fancy narrative in the background by his 'voluntary' accomplice when all he does is run for his life... (I'm going to be so murdered for this... but .... hehehehehehe)

Sometimes things are just meant to numb you. Like the empty colour you see when you close your eyes. You're not affected by the disappointment and neither over joyed that you never really took it that seriously. If this is equillibrium, i quite like it, though it does get awefully boring.

Anyway, events in life unfolding are, pretty retrospective, intropective and spective. (would it be called just retro, intro and ____ if i didn't wear glasses? Man! English is such a derogatory language) People who moved away, came back, have now been made to move away again. (Guess they came back for my ego polishing... hehehe)

Anyway, the point is, there are people who'll always be there for you, there are people who wont. But the ones who really hurt are the one's who'll instill hope and not care. And what happens to you? You just stand there, being there for them, waiting for them to care, and by the time you realise, you've expected too much.

No place for people like these anymore. Not with me. Time to be selfish. Time to be hungry (like the dieting isn't killing). Time to be foolish.

P.S. My antar aatma is getting a royal call for duty, thanks to my not so conventional cousin, and our two hour talks about everything that has no solution to it. I wonder if i'm changing. Or getting older ( 3 bastardly children i happen to give a lift on a dark rainy night on my Avvy, yes all three, yes at once, with me, and my bike! (you suspicious bitches) They were calling me uncle incessantly. Bastards! Nice kids though).

Until we meet next time, blow pookies of you bums! Sayonara!

1 comment:

Lord Akoroth said...

perhaps if you didn't feel the need to trapeze through the city when it pours, dragging me along too then you wouldn't meet bastard kids you bastard.

either way good luck on the diet. if you lose then i will get inspired and try too ( starts sobbing inconsolably)